[Samba] Doman join issues

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon May 6 12:26:55 UTC 2019

Hai Praveen,

Why are you installing the needed build set to build samba while your installing packages.
Thats an overkill in packages.

All you need is this for AD DC with bind9_DLZ and time service:
apt install samba winbind  ntp bind9 binutils ldb-tools krb5-user libnss-winbind libpam-winbind

If this is the base for a new AD-DC setup/network, then i say format it. ( yes sorry.. )

Start over.

Now, read : https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt
That works and is well tested.

And if you hit an error, mail the list, i'll have a look at it.

Greetz,

Louis