[Samba] Doman join issues

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon May 6 10:26:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, 6 May 2019 09:47:44 +0000
Praveen Ghimire via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Louis,
>
> Thank you for that.
>
> I don’t have a /var/lib/samba/bind-dns/dns/ , only
> have /var/lib/samba/private/dns.
>
> Apparmor is now stopped and masked. I had masked the smbd and nmbd
> post the migration, have masked the winbind now.
>
> Have edited samba and bind as per your suggestion, changed the
> named.conf.options and krb5.conf
>
> Rebooted the server post the changes and tried to join a windows 7
> machine again, same message in the logs. I used my account this time
>
> I suspect an issue here, especially the last line. This is from the
> log.192.168.14.153 (samba log)
>
> Adding homes service for user 'LIN\pghimire' using home directory:
> '/home/LIN/pghimire' get_auth_event_server: Failed to find
> 'auth_event' registered on the message bus to send JSON
> authentication events to: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND [2019/05/06
> 09:39:15.172941,
> 2] ../source3/modules/vfs_acl_xattr.c:236(connect_acl_xattr)
> connect_acl_xattr: setting 'inherit acls = true' 'dos filemode =
> true' and 'force unknown acl user = true' for service IPC$
> [2019/05/06 09:39:15.174415,
> 4] ../source3/smbd/sec_ctx.c:320(set_sec_ctx_internal) setting sec
> ctx (1153, 100) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 0 [2019/05/06 09:39:15.174700,
> 0] ../source3/lib/util.c:815(smb_panic_s3) PANIC (pid 351):
> sys_setgroups failed

You originally posted you are using Ubuntu 18.04, was this a typo:

Samba Version 4.6.7

Should it have been 4.7.6 ?

You shouldn't be getting a panic, is anything getting in the way ?
I would stop Aparmor and any firewall, double check you have all the
required packages installed.
You mentioned that you started this as a migration, but from what ?
Did you run the classicupgrade tool and if so how ?
Did you provision a new domain and if so how ?
Did you do something else ??

Rowland