[Samba] Samba 4.9 AD as LDAP address book for Apple Contacts macOS 10.13 - Thunderbird works

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri May 3 07:33:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

we used OpenLDAP for some time as address book for Apple Contact and Thunderbird. Now we switch that to Samba AD and Thunderbird works. We needed some SSL Certificates, which can be verified by Thunderbird, so we got some from our CA working.

Bu I can’t connect Apple Contacts to that LDAP connection and I can’t find any documentation so far. My guess is, that Apple Contacts uses login user syntax not known to me or searches in some AD entries we do not use.

May be anyone has set up this already? Or do we have to use some Apple AD Connection in other ways?

	Thanks for any hint and suggestion and best regards . Götz