[Samba] Samba - usage restrictions on files

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu May 2 13:02:49 UTC 2019

Hai,

No, thats not samba that can helpout in points 2 and 3.

2)
https://www.askvg.com/how-to-restrict-users-from-cut-copy-paste-and-delete-operations-in-windows/

3) Can be done with GPO settings.
But this is no easy task and i'll bet i'll fine a loophole somewhere if you have set everything.

If you dont need printing at all disable printing completely on the windows pc's.
I would enable auditing on that share and enforce printing through cups and monitor both.

Or publish the files through a webserver and set these restrictions there, thats possible also.

But your forgetting one very important thing here. Ok, i open a file (read only),
and I take my phone and take a picture of the screen and print that at home.
And gone is your protection and its not monitored.

Re-think this.

Greetz,

Louis