[Samba] Group policies are not applied

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 2 10:10:48 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2 May 2019 11:37:09 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Where does it say that KERBEROS == yes??

Honestly, I cannot remember how or where I found this out, I 'think' I
might have found it through desperation ;-)

> KERBEROS != yes

It does when you use it with samba-tool.

> KERBEROS ~= REALM (maybe, thats more obvious to me. )

Might be, but, as I have shown, it will not work.

> Obvious may equal to Assumption, and you know Assumptions..
> Assumption's are the start of all troubles..
> My previous boss always said that and he was always right, every
> assumption will go wrong.
>
> So, if i may suggest,
>
>      -k yes, --kerberos=yes
>             Use Kerberos (ticket) for authentication.
>
> Now it's much better to understand for everyone.

I understand that, you understand that, so:

Andrew, why did you use 'KERBEROS' instead of 'yes' back in 2008 ?
(git history is wonderful)

Rowland