[Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 1 13:38:30 UTC 2019

Hai Sonic,

That i dont know, but i do try these things out when needed.
Some work some not.

> - And what is the result if stated Global parameter used in both the Global section and Share sections?
I havent check that in the test, but i do believe the share setting is overruling the global setting.
Because otherwise i would not have seen NT1 in my outputs.

> - Is there a list of which Global parameters are valid in Share sections?
Not that i know of.

> - Are any Share labelled parameters valid in the Global section?
That i dont know, but i do try these things out when needed.
Some work some not.

> And just a pet peeve which I mentioned years ago - the parameter
> synonyms should be deprecated, too many times users use both, plus it
> would assist in the readable and support of the smb.conf file.
Yes, good point, cleanup more is good.

Well, i was thinking the same as you did, but few days ago, Rowland noticed that this is not the case.
And i also dont know everything.. I must follow in this case what Rowland is saying.

The above questions are good questions.
I suggest, wait and see what Rowland or another dev can say about this.

Greetz,

Louis