[Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed May 1 12:50:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 2:24 AM L.P.H. van Belle via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> You can set these also on the share.
> Win7 and10
>             client min protocol = SMB2
>             client max protocol = SMB3
> The one for the scanner,
>             client min protocol = NT1
>             client max protocol = SMB2
>>>>
> The first is a windows 7 pc. and the second a win10 PC.  connecting to a share configured with :
>     smb encrypt = auto
>     client min protocol = SMB2
>     client max protocol = SMB3
> the thirth is a Win XP pc, connecting to a separated share configured with:
>     client min protocol = NT1
>     client max protocol = SMB2

Interesting, client min protocol and client max protocol are listed as
Global parameters (G) in the smb.conf man page. Is it common to have
Global parameters work properly in the Share (S) sections? And what is
the result if stated Global parameter used in both the Global section
and Share sections? Is there a list of which Global parameters are
valid in Share sections? Are any Share labelled parameters valid in
the Global section?
And just a pet peeve which I mentioned years ago - the parameter
synonyms should be deprecated, too many times users use both, plus it
would assist in the readable and support of the smb.conf file.