[Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 1 06:23:59 UTC 2019

Mason,

You can set these also on the share.

Win7 and10
	    client min protocol = SMB2
	    client max protocol = SMB3

The one for the scanner,
	    client min protocol = NT1
	    client max protocol = SMB2

Part of my smbstatus -a:
PID     Username     Group        Machine                                   Protocol Version  Encryption           Signing
27316   root         root         192.168.xxx.1(ipv4:192.168.xxx.1:50818) SMB2_10           -                    -
27357   username domain users 192.168.xxx.2(ipv4:192.168.xxx.2:63181) SMB3_11           partial(AES-128-CCM) partial(AES-128-CMAC)
27439   username domain users 192.168.x.5 (ipv4:192.168.x.5:1102) NT1               -                    -
27336   root         root         192.168.xxx.3(ipv4:192.168.xxx.3:34540) SMB3_00           -                    -
27337   root         root         192.168.xxx.4(ipv4:192.168.xxx.4:41138) SMB3_00           -                    -

>From above list, top to bottem.
The first is a windows 7 pc. and the second a win10 PC.  connecting to a share configured with :
    smb encrypt = auto
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3

the thirth is a Win XP pc, connecting to a separated share configured with:
    client min protocol = NT1
    client max protocol = SMB2

The last to are 2 Xen xcp-ng servers with samba 4.2.3.
No configuration is done for this share.

The above see if it helps you a bit.

Greetz,

Louis