[Samba] winbind offline logon cache timeout

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at datacontrolsystems.com
Tue Mar 26 15:26:36 UTC 2019

I wish someone could chime in on this.  Offline logins not working is why I
switched to sssd for my Linux clients.  I noticed the exact same issue
where offline logins with winbind would work for a short period of time,
and then stop working after a day or so.  I'm assuming it's some type of
Kerberos ticket timeout issue, but I never really checked into it too
deeply because sssd worked fine.  I have some clients that could be offline
for months, so offline logins have to work indefinitely for us.

Mike E.