[Samba] Unable to upload printer drivers

Bernhard Dick bernhard at bdick.de
Mon Mar 25 12:50:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to upload printer drivers on a fresh samba installation
(version 4.9.4). I configured the settings accordingly to the wiki and
also followed the instructions for adding printer drivers. I am able to
read and write to the print$ share and to access the samba server via
the printer management console.

However when I try to upload an driver (and I tried different type 3
drivers) I see that the files are being copied but at the end I get an
error message "Driver cannot be installed. This Operation is
unsupported". This is happening on a Windows 10 and on a Server 2008 R2
machine.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

   Regards
     Bernhard