[Samba] Build libtalloc from samba

Priya PM pmpriya at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:16:21 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

Good Morning.

I need some help in building talloc from samba source and want to link this
library and not use system libtalloc.

Hence I did change /debian/rules, --bunlded-libraries as below..

--bundled-libraries=NONE*,talloc*,pytevent,iniparser,roken,wind,hx509,asn1,heimbase,hcrypto,krb5,gssapi,heimntlm,hdb,kdc,com_err,compile_et,asn1_compile
\

Also changed tevent, ldb, ctdb wscripts to not have below talloc check.

-         if conf.CHECK_BUNDLED_SYSTEM_PKG('tevent', minversion=VERSION,

--                                     *onlyif='talloc'*,
implied_deps='replace talloc'):

-+                                     implied_deps='replace talloc'):

I could build the debian package and when I installed the same, smbd start
fails with “smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.0:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”.

It would really help me if anyone has details on what could be the
necessary steps to build talloc library from samba source. Thanks in
advance for your time.

Thanks

Priya