[Samba] Migration to samba4 ad and sync to openldap.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Thu Mar 21 14:50:24 UTC 2019

Christian

Thanks for the information.
Also thanks to  mj.

That's sounds promising
How did you migrate your data?
Did you need to add any schema to samba4 ad?

Were in 5 cities and some of the Internet is not 100% reliable.
Will need samba4 in each office to make sure they can log in even if the
Internet is down.
How reliable is the the ad syncing?
Does it need a lot of bandwidth?
One of the offices with no windows computers has slow dsl.

We will have to reconfigure a lot of computers during conversion.
I'm thinking if the openldap is not on the same server as samba4 one
could keep both running for a few days.
Do you think that's feasible?
I can see some possible issues but think they
can be dealt with.

Again thanks for your input.

John

--