[Samba] 4.10.0, python3 and Debian 8.11

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 22:40:06 UTC 2019

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 22:04, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 21:35 +0000, Jonathan Hunter via samba wrote:
> > I figured I could install Python 3:
> > $ sudo apt-get install python3
>
> python3-dev
>
> There will be other python3 packages you need, the simple way would be
> to install python3-all.

Many thanks Andrew. Now compiling :)

> We realise that our package lists on the wiki are out of date
> (particularly with respect to multiple Samba versions and multiple
> distributions), we are in the final stages of preparing a new package
> list system that will be validated by our CI tooling.

No problem at all, thank you for the pointer.

For info, with my configuration at least, the only packages I needed
to add were python3 and python3-dev. Samba has compiled successfully
now :)

Cheers

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"