[Samba] Samba vs Windows server 2019

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Tue Mar 19 15:14:41 UTC 2019

Hello Samba Users,

In my infrastructure, samba is set with a Windows Server 2012R2.
I set kerberos service in the linux samba box and winbind to communicate
with the Active Directory Windows 2012 R2 domain controler.
Unix Attributes are retrieved from the AD database (rfc2307) via Winbind.

I know that the current approche is to use Samba AD instead microsoft
server.

But I would like to know if someone succeeded in to configure a Linux
samba box (with winbind) with the new Microsoft Windows server 2019 with
AD Role ?

EdG