[Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

Tyrus Shivers tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com
Thu Mar 14 17:39:31 UTC 2019

removed sssd.
removed all sss occurrences and winbind from the shadow line.
Selinux is disabled.
firewalld is disabled.

not sure if there is a difference but I have smb and winbind, I do not have
nmbd or smbd.

/etc/resolv.conf

search mydomain.com
nameserver "ipaddress for DC1"
nameserver "ipaddress for DC2"

Still no such user after restarting the services and executing net cache
flush.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:25 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:08:13 -0400
> Tyrus Shivers <tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com> wrote:
>
> > yes windbind is installed and running
>
> Good
>
> > yes sssd is installed, but it was not running. I did start it and ran
>
> Bad, good and then bad again ;-)
>
> I would remove sssd, it isn't required if you are using winbind
>
> > net cache flush and id again and still no such user.
> >
> > This is the working nsswitch.conf file that was copied over from the
> > 7.3 working system.
> >
> > /etc/nsswitch.conf
> >
> > passwd:    files sss winbind
> > shadow:    files sss winbind
> > group:       files sss winbind
> > #initgroups : files sss
> >
> > hosts: files  dns  myhostname
> >
> > bootparams:  nisplus [NOTFOUND=return]  files
> >
> > ethers:       files
> > netmasks: files
> > networks:  files
> > protocols:  files
> > rpc:            files
> > services:   files   sss
> >
> > netgroup:   files  sss
> > publickey:  nisplus
> >
> > automount:  files
> > aliases:        files  nisplus
> >

> I would remove all the 'sss' occurrences and 'winbind from the shadow
> line.
>
> Is Selinux blocking access ?
> Is a firewall running and blocking ports ?
>
> The 'rid' backend is usually the easiest to use, you just add the
> required lines to smb.conf, restart smbd, nmbd & winbind and it usually
> just works.
>
> Just a thought, is the computer using a DC as its first nameserver
> in /etc/resolv.conf ?
>
> Rowland
>

> --

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com

<tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.