[Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

Tyrus Shivers tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com
Thu Mar 14 17:08:13 UTC 2019

yes windbind is installed and running
yes sssd is installed, but it was not running. I did start it and ran net
cache flush and id again and still no such user.

This is the working nsswitch.conf file that was copied over from the 7.3
working system.

/etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd:    files sss winbind
shadow:    files sss winbind
group:       files sss winbind
#initgroups : files sss

hosts: files  dns  myhostname

bootparams:  nisplus [NOTFOUND=return]  files

ethers:       files
netmasks: files
networks:  files
protocols:  files
rpc:            files
services:   files   sss

netgroup:   files  sss
publickey:  nisplus

automount:  files
aliases:        files  nisplus

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:26:05 -0400
> Tyrus Shivers <tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com> wrote:
>
> > after running both it returned id: MYDOMAIN\user1: no such user.
>
> There has to be a first time and this is it, the rid backend isn't
> working, but why ?
>
> Is winbind installed and running ?
> is sssd installed and running ?
> can you post the contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf ?
>
> The 'rid' backend uses the Windows Accounts RID to calculate the
> Unix ID's, so if winbind is running, the computer is joined to the
> domain and /etc/nsswitch.conf is setup correctly, it should work.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com

<tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.