[Samba] replication fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 14 08:07:04 UTC 2019

Hi Stefan,

> Well, normally I *am* confident with my servers.

Yes, i know, that shows also on you list messages.

> But when out of the blue, without me touching anything, such an
> important "backend" starts "new behavior" ... this makes me nervous.
>
> Trying to fix it since 11am sounds and feels like "working on
> it" to me.
>
> (frustrated)

Yeah totaly understand that.
I would say, after the replication error is fixed.
You should do a good compairison of you DC's .

> I basically run 2 samba-based ADS-envs for customers and you ml-guys
> have seen and discussed these configs for years now (every few months
> something comes up).
>
> I ask, try my best to follow the suggestions, do updates etc .. then
> things work. Until the next issue, then I post, and magically another
> line or parameter is missing ...

And thats why i dont think samba is the problem here.

> pls understand my frustration now and then.
We do, and your totaly allowed to. We all have this. Sometimes..

> And also understand my appreciation for all the help on my way.

Ahh, thank you, warm words are always good to hear.

Greetz,

Louis