[Samba] replication fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 13 15:02:20 UTC 2019

Greetings drama queen Stefan.... ;-)  hehe :-))

Yes, wait..

Or reboot DC1, wait 5-10 min reboot DC2, wait 5-10 min.
The waiting can be shorter is the AD is not so big.

I suggest you have a look at this.  (Rowland, look away... ;-))
A sample for a systemd setup, i'm working towards Debian Buster now, see :
https://release.debian.org/
[2019-Mar-12] Bits from the Release Team: Debian 10 'buster' is frozen; let's get it in shape

This shows the change to systemd-networkd ( and timedate and timesyncd and resolv.conf setup )

Get this script:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/debian-scripts/master/setup-systemd-networkd.sh

The script does not change anything to your system, so its really save to use/test with it.

- It allows you to easy switch to a systemd-networkd setup and the script wil explain things for you.
- It looks up the current settings and generated a systemd network file for you.
  The file is placed in the folder you run this.

- Its focused on LAN and ipv4 only, member and AD-DC servers in a LAN.
- It does backup the files :  /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf
- It generates the file : lan-addc-dev-eth0.network or lan-member-dev-eth0.network
  Interface eth0 wil change to your systems its own interface automaticly.

Config assumes the following for AD-DC
The server has 1 ip, 1 search domain and also the DNS and TIME servers.

Config assumes the following for a member:
This server has 1 ip, 1 search domain and AD-DC's are also the DNS and TIME servers.

And these servers are in a LAN and no ipv6 is used.

Tested on Debian 9 servers.

Improvements, suggestions, well its on github..
Or pm me.

Greetz,

Louis