[Samba] replication fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 13 10:55:34 UTC 2019

Hai,

Ok, so the reboot changed your resolv.conf
check the timestamp of /etc/resolv.confs
Write this down.

> So I assume it should point to the own IPv4-IP of DC1 itself,
> which is .205
Yes correct.
After that reboot the server.
Check the timestamp again and/or did it change?

Now the hunt for the resolv.conf change.

cat /etc/network/interfaces
If you have dns-nameserver these are picked up with systemd-resolved.
Or by package: resolvconf

Run these:
networkctl status
systemd-resolve --status

Show the output.

Other options:
Server with dhcp ip?
echo 'make_resolv_conf() { :; }' > /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/leave_my_resolv_conf_alone
chmod 755 /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/leave_my_resolv_conf_alone

Or edit /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
supersede domain-name "example.com";
supersede domain-search "example.com";
supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

One of above is your fix. ;-)
A last resort fix is :
rm -f /etc/resolv.conf
editor /etc/resolv.conf