[Samba] Enable XAT_OFFLINE extended attribute in Samba

Andrea Cucciarre' acucciarre at cloudian.com
Tue Mar 5 12:14:00 UTC 2019

My goal is to use the Offline file attribute of Windows when sharing
with Samba:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.fileattributes?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=netframework-4.7.2

It works when I share ZFS filesystem using the native ZFS CIFS sharing,
but it fails when I share the same ZFS with Samba, that is the Offline
files are not showed in Windows Client