[Samba] getent not working after installing firewall

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Mar 5 08:33:40 UTC 2019

As extra comment on this mail.

On that sonicwall.

If you had set in /etc/resolv.conf
search lan.domain.tld domain.tld
nameserver 127.0.0.1
# only for backup, everything should resolve over 127.0.0.1
nameserver 192.168.0.2
nameserver 209.18.47.62
# setup a dns caching resolver in the mail and sonic wall.

And if you had setup a dnsserver, you could have done
Forward dns requests (for) lan.domain.tld to DNS Samba.
Forward dns requests (for) domain.tld to DNS ISP.

This also prevents leaking dns info.

Greetz,

Louis