[Samba] AD DLZ backend - 'proper' way of doing it

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 28 12:53:41 UTC 2019

All i can say is, yes, i did notice these slow downs also.
And after, the change between 4.5-4.8 to 4.9-4.10 is really noticable.
Even my users noticed this.

But these days nobody complains anymore, so thats good and i made sure my 3 multi homed servers,
Query to the server there its needed.
Like this :
(lan dns) <-> ETH0    server ETH0 <-> Internet DNS
  (<- forwarded zones) 	    (all other requests ->)

That helps also reducing my queries to the AD-DC dns a lot.

One reason why you DNS setup is so important.

Greetz,

Louis