[Samba] W10, NT domain, profiles that work for some users and not for others...

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 28 08:50:56 UTC 2019

On 28/06/2019 09:43, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
> Mandi! Rowland penny via samba
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Try it with '%U' instead of '%u', it seems to be using the service name
>> instead of the username.
> OK, good hint but... for test users we have created by hand the
> profiles folders, so surely the script is not the culprit...
>

> Anyway, thanks.

You have this in your logs:

[2019/06/27 15:27:59.536796,  5]
../source3/lib/username.c:159(Get_Pwnam_internals)
   Get_Pwnam_internals didn't find user [profile]!

It seems to be looking for a user called '[profile]'

this is a 'service' name

 From 'man smb.conf':

%u
   username of the current service, if any.

But there is also this:

%U
   session username (the username that the client wanted, not
necessarily the same as the one they got).

Rowland