[Samba] Classicupgrade failure

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 26 14:50:35 UTC 2019

On 26/06/2019 15:28, Andrea Venturoli via samba wrote:
> [...]
>> Exporting posix attributes
>> Reading WINS database
>> Cannot open wins database, Ignoring: [Errno 2] No such file or
>> directory: '/root/olddb/wins.dat'
>> Looking up IPv4 addresses
>> Looking up IPv6 addresses
>> No IPv6 address will be assigned
>> Setting up secrets.ldb
>> Setting up the registry
>> Setting up the privileges database
>> Setting up idmap db
>> Setting up SAM db
>> Setting up sam.ldb partitions and settings
>> Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE
>> Pre-loading the Samba 4 and AD schema
>> Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness
>> constraint on local domainSIDs
>>
>> Adding DomainDN: DC=local,DC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,DC=it
>> Adding configuration container
>> Setting up sam.ldb schema
>> Setting up sam.ldb configuration data
>> Setting up display specifiers
>> Modifying display specifiers and extended rights
>> Adding users container
>> Modifying users container
>> Adding computers container
>> Modifying computers container
>> Setting up sam.ldb data
>> Setting up well known security principals
>> Setting up sam.ldb users and groups
>> Setting up self join
>> Setting acl on sysvol skipped
>> Adding DNS accounts
>> Creating CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=local,DC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,DC=it
>> Creating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions
>> Populating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions
>> Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE marking as synchronized
>> Fixing provision GUIDs
>> A Kerberos configuration suitable for Samba AD has been generated at
>> /var/db/samba4/private/krb5.conf
>> Merge the contents of this file with your system krb5.conf or replace
>> it with this one. Do not create a symlink!
>> Setting up fake yp server settings
>> Once the above files are installed, your Samba AD server will be
>> ready to use
>> Admin password:        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Server Role:           active directory domain controller
>> Hostname:              dc1
>> NetBIOS Domain:        XXXXXXXXXXXX
>> DNS Domain:            local.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.it
>> DOMAIN SID:            S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX
>> Importing WINS database
>> Importing Account policy
>> Importing idmap database
>> Cannot open idmap database, Ignoring: [Errno 2] No such file or
>> directory
>> Adding groups
>> Importing groups
>> Committing 'add groups' transaction to disk
>> Adding users
>> Importing users
>> Committing 'add users' transaction to disk
>> Adding users to groups
>> Committing 'add users to groups' transaction to disk
>
> There are a couple of warnings here: I don't know how severe they are.
>
> The thing is none of my NT domain users has been imported!!!
> Has this something to do with missing passdb.tdb?
Very probably

> How should I solve this?

Run:

pdbedit -i smbpasswd:/var/db/samba4/private/smbpasswd -e
tdbsam:/var/db/samba4/private/passdb.tdb

Change:

passdb backend=smbpasswd:/var/db/samba4/private/smbpasswd

passdb backend = tdbsam:/var/db/samba4/private/passdb.tdb

And try again.

Though I am not sure whether running the DC in a jail is a good idea,
also what filesystem are you running on freebsd ?

There are problems with ZFS.

Rowland