[Samba] csc policy

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Jun 25 18:20:26 UTC 2019

Hi Louis,
thanks for the feed back.

> Hai Christion,
>
> So yes, i told you this once before it better to setup the windows acl.
Yes I know...

> And yes, but these days in win10 everything is more picky on correct settings.
>
> Set/verify you profile share again, but setup windows ACL's. not POSIX acls.
> See:  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles

Here the share definition is with out the "csc policy" so this means
here offline files are enabled. Or do you disable it via GPO?

> Goto : Setup : Using Windows ACLs
>
> And dont look below this line on the wiki:   Using POSIX ACLs on a Unix domain member
> Just dont.
>
> And  be carefull you can/might reset everything on the share.
> And Verify that permission inheritance is disabled on the root of the share
>

> If that still gives problems, try adding this setting in the profiles share.
>         acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
>
> And setup the share again, this is a must after you set this parameter.
>
> Personaly, i still use that parameter on profiles and the users share.
> A bit to avoid windows acl problem and why not set it if these shares are only use for windows clients.
> Note, this is a inheritance of old samba version with bug, this solved it all.
> And im now using it about 3 years without problems on my profiles, just saying, i really suggest you test it.

I appreciate your feed back as you have much more knowledge in that
area. And I will look at it (when I have time or if this is not solvable
by using offline files).
However, coming back to "csc policy" do you disable this either on the
share or by GPO in your environment?

Regards

Christian