[Samba] SMB share access for machines which are not joined to the domain?

Goetz, Patrick G pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 25 16:11:06 UTC 2019

Samba 4.7.6 running on Ubuntu 18.04, with host joined to an AD domain as
a domain member.

I have all this working perfectly for SMB clients which are joined to
the domain, however I need to provide SMB access (if possible) to a
handful of machines that are not domain members and can't be made domain
members.  Is there any way to do this?

I thought configuring "allow hosts" in smb.conf with the IP addresses of
the 2-4 machines in question might work, but this seems to restrict all
access, in particular blocking domain-joined clients when configured.