[Samba] Share migration

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Tue Jun 25 13:07:58 UTC 2019

Hello,

I will change a old samba share (SMB1 samba 3) to a new samba 4.8.3 (as
unix domain member server).

For this, I will copy datas from old share to the share via a rsync ssh
command :
rsync -aAX --progress --delete --stats --human-readable -e "ssh -p 22"
root at oldsambaserver:/mypath/* /mypath/

This command copy also all the acls from the old samba share and apply
it on the new share.

But, I have to re apply new acls because I am using Posix attributes for
uid and gid ;  the old share is a samba 3 (gid are in range 500-999) and
new share is a samba 4 (with gid in domain range 14500 - 14999).

I would like to remove all uids and gids ; some acls for users (uid)
were applied on the old share tree, I would to remove them especially.
Then I will apply the new acls.

Is there a linux command to reset all the acls on a folder tree (and
files) ?

Edouard