[Samba] Joining a Samba DC to a Windows AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 24 06:48:03 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-06-23 at 11:07 -0300, Marcio Demetrio Bacci via samba
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to join a Samba 4 DC to a Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory
> Domain.
>
> Do I need provisioned with --use-rfc2307 ?

No, you will just get the same settings as whatever windows was set up
with.  All that really does is fill in the (now deprecated in Window
2012) NIS domain objects to make that a little easier.

> For example:
>
> samba-tool domain join samdom.example.com DC -U"SAMDOM\administrator"
> --use-rfc2307
>
> I intend use SAMBA_INTERNAL DNS. Do I need provision with --
> intercative for
> select SAMBA_INTERNAL DNS ?

No, it is the default.

> Can I to inform other DNS existing (primary DNS) in my local network
> in DNS
> Resolver Forwarding ?

Yes, that sounds fine.

> Finally, I'm migrating my network IP range, thus my Samba 4 DC and
> Windows
> DC are in different networks. This way, is there any problem?

No, just update the subnets when you finish the migration, or add new
sites.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/