[Samba] Joining a Samba DC to a Windows AD

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 14:07:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

I need to join a Samba 4 DC to a Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory Domain.

Do I need provisioned with --use-rfc2307 ?

For example:

samba-tool domain join samdom.example.com DC -U"SAMDOM\administrator"
--use-rfc2307

I intend use SAMBA_INTERNAL DNS. Do I need provision with --intercative for
select SAMBA_INTERNAL DNS ?

Can I to inform other DNS existing (primary DNS) in my local network in DNS
Resolver Forwarding ?

Finally, I'm migrating my network IP range, thus my Samba 4 DC and Windows
DC are in different networks. This way, is there any problem?

Regards,

Márcio Bacci