[Samba] IPs in smbstatus

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 21 09:29:58 UTC 2019

This is just not correct.

[realms]
         addom.com = {
                  kdc = winad01
                  admin_server = winad01
}

You have 3 options.
1) remove that [realm] part, and only this :
	default_realm = ADDOM.COM  is sufficient and realm always in CAPS !

1) set the FQDN hostname's in [realm]
2) set the ipnumbers in [realm]

And you need to make sure, that for every server and A and PTR record exists in the DNS.
Now, yes, this can word bit is to easy to get errors in this if your resolving setup isnt correct.
For kerberos and just setting "hostname" is asking for problems.

Greetz,

Louis