[Samba] Windows Server 2003 and Samba 4.7.6

Konstantin Boyandin lists at boyandin.info
Thu Jun 20 05:09:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

In short: there's a Windows Server 2003 system, which worked without
many problems with NT domain (Samba 3). The NT domain is being shut
down, and I noticed I have hard time trying to befriend the mentioned
system with AD run under Samba 4.7.6 (default on Ubuntu 18.04).

Is the mentioned AD incompatible with Windows Server 2003? When trying
to join, I get cryptic message about password being incorrect (? the
domain administrator I use is used with correct password), and see no
mentioned system name/IP in Samba logs.

(yes, I know that the Windows Server 2003 is a relic and should better
be left in /dev/null, but it's still required and is run in isolated
environment)

I would appreciate any piece of advice (or confirmation that this OS is
not actually supported anymore). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Konstantin