[Samba] error when trying to copy file from samba share to old Windows CE share

Dan Arena ddan39 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:41:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:23 AM Sonic <sonicsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be accurate to say that all files not originating (at some
> point) from the Samba system can be successfully copied to the CE
> device and that all files once copied from the Samba system to the
> Windows PC give rise to that error when you attempt to copy them to
> the CE device?
>
> If so, I would wonder about the source of the files on the Samba
> system. As a test; if you copy a working file from the PC (one that
> you can copy successfully from the PC to the CE) to the Samba system
> can that file then be copied directly to the CE device? If you copy
> the same file back from the Samba system to the PC does it then fail
> the copy from the PC to the CE device?
>
> Chris

Yes, that is exactly the case. Just tested what you asked; copied a
file from PC desktop to samba share, then back to desktop, and now the
copy of the file will not copy from the PC desktop to the CE share,
but the original file still copies successfully. This is pretty odd...

I am going to try tcpdump'ing the transfers with old samba vs new
samba to see what the difference is. The same files with same smb.conf
on older samba version is not having this issue.

Thanks,
Dan