[Samba] error when trying to copy file from samba share to old Windows CE share

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:22:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 9:56 AM Dan Arena via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> ... I also tried then copying the file from
> the Windows 7 PC to the Windows CE share and it still gives the error.

So it's a problem with the file at this point.

> I am able to copy any other file from the Windows 7 PC to the Windows
> CE share as long as it didn't originate from the samba share.

Would it be accurate to say that all files not originating (at some
point) from the Samba system can be successfully copied to the CE
device and that all files once copied from the Samba system to the
Windows PC give rise to that error when you attempt to copy them to
the CE device?

If so, I would wonder about the source of the files on the Samba
system. As a test; if you copy a working file from the PC (one that
you can copy successfully from the PC to the CE) to the Samba system
can that file then be copied directly to the CE device? If you copy
the same file back from the Samba system to the PC does it then fail
the copy from the PC to the CE device?

Chris