[Samba] error when trying to copy file from samba share to old Windows CE share

Dan Arena ddan39 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:00:23 UTC 2019

Resending this to whole list, sorry for the duplicate email Rowland, I
rarely use mailing lists and didn't notice the Reply-To was to you
instead of the list.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:18 AM Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Try adding 'client max protocol = NT1' to [global] in your smb.conf
>
> Rowland

Tried this, but it did not help. I am kind of confused though, maybe
there is a misunderstanding... The "client max protocol" setting would
only effect smbclient run on the server itself, right? I am not
accessing or mounting any shares on the server itself, just hosting
the share. It is a Windows 7 PC that is accessing the share as the
client and giving me the error.

I also tried setting "server max protocol = NT1" and it did not help either.

Tried testing on Windows 10 and it gives a slightly different error,
"Could not find this item
This is no longer located in C:\Path\To\File. Verify the item's
location and try again."

but of course the file is still there...

Thanks,
Dan