[Samba] Roaming Profiles

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 19 06:27:47 UTC 2019

Gooooood morning Rowland,  :-)

Thunder and rain here.. Your pushing rain to me from england ;-) :-p

Yes, if you count administrator also to everybody.  ;-)
What i have on my member server. ( AD backend )

install -d /home/samba/profiles -m 1770 -o root -g root

[profiles]
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    read only = no
    acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

drwxrwx--T+ 103 root root  4096 Jun 14 16:25 profiles

getfacl /home/samba/profiles/
# file: home/samba/profiles/
# owner: root
# group: root
# flags: --t
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::---
group:root:---
group:domain\040users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:root:---
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

Resulting in the profiles/username.vX folder to username and SYSTEM
Administrator (and domain admins) has access also, through root/administrator mapping,
but normal users can see the other users folder but can not access it.

Share security, just the default, to everyone, folder rights handles everything else.
That where the domain users comes in.

Greetz,

Louis