[Samba] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Kerberos and NTLMv2 authentication

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 18 20:06:54 UTC 2019

On 18/06/2019 20:41, Edouard Guigné via samba wrote:
> Is it possible to make start DOMAIN range from 500 instead of 10000 ?
Classicupgrade ?

> I realized that all my gid are in range 500 to 600 and not in range
> 10000 - 14999
Looks like you are going to have to use 500 for your lower DOMAIN range
start, but this will mean that you will not be able to have any local
Unix users and could have problems with potential local system users or
groups if their Unix ID is 500 or above.

> I thought  DOMAIN range 10000 - 14999 was reserved for DOMAIN users

No, you can use the same range for groups and users, the user with ID
'10000' will never be mistaken for the group with the ID '10000'

Have you read these Samba wiki pages:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

Rowland