[Samba] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Kerberos and NTLMv2 authentication

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Tue Jun 18 18:02:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

I mean that i added "winbind refresh tickets = yes" in smb.cnf, but does
not seem to be link with my problem (Kerberos and NTLMv2 authentication).

After several test, without changing content of smb.conf (except for
winbind refresh tickets = yes) :

0. nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss

That's working (share is accessible from windows 7, permissions and acls
working)
But in in log, I see only NTLMv2 Auth

1. nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files
group:      files winbind

That's not working (share is not accessible from windows 7, access denied)

2. nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files sss winbind
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss winbind

not working (share is accessible but it take time to see permissions
acls from security tab on windows 7)