[Samba] domain online backup

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jun 18 12:35:34 UTC 2019

He MJ,

Ah, my user does have an UID/GID assigned.
Did you "copy" the administrator user or did you create a new user and gave him administrator rights.

On my DC's.
id username
uid=10002(ADDOM\usernam) gid=10000(ADDOM\domain users) groups=10000(ADDOM\domain users),3000275(ADDOM\internet-proxy-manual).. And more.

Where my Administratos reflex to:
id administrator
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Note the 10000 and 3000275
100xx are assigned GID's with RSAT while 3000275 (RID) does not have any GID assigned.

On my domain members the RID number 3000275 is not shown or not used or im using pure windows ACL's
These 3000xxx numbers are not used on linux filesystems, only in authentication/security against windows and/or the samba AD's

> On 18-6-2019  MJ via samba wrote:
> This is on the DC, and no:
>
> This one works:
> > root at dc3:~# id myusername