[Samba] RPC Server Unavailable - Error

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 18 11:15:10 UTC 2019

On 18/06/2019 12:02, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We did not upgrade in the real sense of upgrade. We did not directly
> apply the patch on the servers. Our steps were as follows:

You can reduce that down to 'we upgraded directly to 4.10.x from 4.7.x'

Can I also suggest that you stop upgrading that way, if you do it often
enough, you will eventually exhaust the ridpool

> We have to run samba-tool dbcheck and check the output. I will update
> it back here.
>
> Do I have to run this command on all 4 servers? or one server which
> looks like giving trouble?

You should only need to run it once on the PDC Emulator role owner,
replication should do the rest.

If this doesn't work, then I would suggest you start downgrading again.

Rowland