[Samba] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Kerberos and NTLMv2 authentication

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 17 16:58:24 UTC 2019

On 17/06/2019 17:45, Edouard Guigné via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not know how should be nsswitch.conf configured.
> What should I change in it according to "/you either do not have the
> passwd, group and shadow lines or you have chosen not to show them/" ?
> Something like this  added to nsswitch.conf ?
> passwd : files
> group : files
> shadow : files
>
> What does it change if not to show them ?

If you do not have them set in /etc/nsswitch.conf, then NSS will not use
them and if you set them as your example, only the local files will be
used, nothing from AD. Try it like this:

passwd:         files winbind
group:          files winbind
shadow:         files
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files dns

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files