[Samba] Can't Install Printer Drivers

Banks, David (db2d) db2d at virginia.edu
Mon Jun 17 15:17:17 UTC 2019

Alas, no love. Error 43 from Win7. Researching...

-------------------------------
Dav Banks
School of Architecture
University of Virginia
Campbell Hall, Rm 138
(o) 434.243.8883
(e) dav.banks at virginia.edu<x-msg://236/davbanks@virginia.edu>

On Jun 15, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Manu Baylac via samba <samba at lists.samba.org<mailto:samba at lists.samba.org>> wrote:

Hello David,

Le 14/06/2019 à 15:54, Banks, David (db2d) via samba a écrit :

Wondering if anyone has seen this before. I have a new server set up with Ubuntu 18.04 with samba 4.7.6-Ubuntu and CUPS. Everything proceeds OK with connecting windows Print Manager until I try to install a driver, then I get unable to install driver error “The network name cannot be found.”

Do you try to install the driver with RSAT and a ... Windows 10 ?

If so, try to do exactly the same thing but with a windows 7. For me that did the trick.

Regards,

--
Manu