[Samba] Setting Samba as a Domain Member

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 17 12:33:44 UTC 2019

On 17/06/2019 13:16, Tom wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thanks for the pruned SMB ;-)
>
> Regarding the rfc2307 attributes, AD was provisionning with RFC2307
> options. NIS extensions are installed. But, I did not add rfc 2307
> attributes on users. I thought it was automatic. Should I set this
> manually ?

I have update the wiki page:

an info box to be precise, it now says:

The RFC2307 attributes (|uidNumber|, |gidNumber|, etc) are not added
automatically when users or groups are created, you must add them manually.

Does that answer your question ? ;-)

I should also add, you must give Domain Users a gidNumber and all
numbers used must be inside the DOMAIN range you set in smb.conf.

Rowland