[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04, bound to Windows AD, sssd auth, Samba 4.7.6: Can't get no share satisfaction

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jun 15 10:15:26 UTC 2019

On 15/06/2019 00:15, Goetz, Patrick G via samba wrote:
> OK, At a loss for what to try next.
>
> According to this page, it should be possible to make this work:
>
>     http://www.hexblot.com/blog/centos-7-active-directory-and-samba
>
> However, I can't get AD users to authenticate when I run
>
>     net use * \\cns-cryo-road1\my_share /user:austin\pgoetz

Patrick, as far as I am aware, using sssd with Samba <= 4.7.x should
work. However, as I have said numerous times, we do not produce sssd.
This mean that we cannot provide support for it, sorry if this isn't
what you wanted to hear, can I suggest asking on the sssd-users mailing
list for help.

Rowland