[Samba] Update 4.10.2 to 4.10.4: Cant create files in subdirectorie anymore

miguel medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 14 17:05:18 UTC 2019

> ################
> ### smb.conf ###
> ### PLEASE NOTE: The options regarding the case sensitivity arent usually
> activated. Normally i leave them on default
> ### but since i troubleshooted this error for 2 days now i changed the
> conf several times
> [global]
> clustering = Yes
> log level = 10
> log file = /glusterfs/log.samba
> netbios name = CLUSTER-01
> realm = SAMDOM.XYZ
> registry shares = Yes
> security = ADS
> winbind enum groups = Yes
> winbind enum users = Yes
> winbind refresh tickets = Yes
> winbind use default domain = Yes
> workgroup = SAMDOM
> idmap config samdom:range = 1000000-1999999
> idmap config samdom:backend = rid
> idmap config *:range = 10000-19999
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> case sensitive = No
> map acl inherit = Yes
> preserve case = No
> short preserve case = No
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
>
> [john]
> #admin users = samdom\administrator
> comment = admin share
> kernel share modes = No
> path = /top1/share
> read only = No
> vfs objects = glusterfs
> glusterfs:loglevel = 1
> glusterfs:logfile = /glusterfs/glusterfs-gv0.log
> glusterfs:volume = gv0

I don't know if this answers the whole of your problem but I find at
least the following issue:

You declared "vfs objects = acl_xattr" in the global section, but since
you declared an additional vfs object "vfs objects = glusterfs" for your
"john" share, you will need to declare both, or "vfs objects =
acl_xattr" won't be active for the share. Under the share, you must declare:

vfs objects = acl_xattr glusterfs