[Samba] AD home drive

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jun 14 12:29:43 UTC 2019

In this setup i would say, it affectes all users.
But looking at this again.

> > > The problem now is that when we create a user either using
> > samba-tool create user username or smbpasswd or even via RSAT, it
> > doesn't auto create the home drive. The samba-tool create takes the
> > -home-drive directive but doesn't actually create the
> drive. Does this
> > mean we need to create the home drive first(i.e
> /home/username/samba)?
> > If so do we then need to setup permissions to those folders
> manually?

You can still do that, through RSAT, but that does not work on the DC, at least i've never used it that way.

You server needs to have \\server.fqdn\users ( and dont use the reserved name "homes" )
Which is path /home/users/ , add there youre adding samba users.

If you use RSAT. Use \\servername.fqdn\profiles\%username% for the homedir at tab Profile
And base folder LETTER: \\servername.fqdn\users\%username%

And you shares need the correct rights make this work.
See: https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-September/218348.html
Its (about) the same for the users folder, depending on the rights you want/need on these folders.

See where above gets you.

Greetz,

Louis