[Samba] Spring Cleanup / Migrating Samba 4.5 to 4.10

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Jun 14 10:21:20 UTC 2019

With some slight delay, we did actually manage to get all our old wonky
compatibility solutions nuked (turned out there were a few more lurking
in the shadows than expected…). Mail servers are no longer domain
joined, and unencrypted LDAP is finally gone, together with the terrible
PHP scripts that needed it.

Which allowed me to finally cleanup all the samba setups:

https://up.tao.at/u/samba/graz-file.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt
https://up.tao.at/u/samba/villach-file.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt

(File servers)

https://up.tao.at/u/samba/graz-dc-sem.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt
https://up.tao.at/u/samba/graz-dc-1b.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt
https://up.tao.at/u/samba/villach-dc-1a.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt
https://up.tao.at/u/samba/villach-dc-bis.2019-06-14T11:29:02+02:00.txt

(DCs)

Hopefully, all the configurations should be clean now, or did I miss
something?

As for upgrading to Samba 4.10, in what order should the servers be
upgraded? Members first? Update DC withous FSMO roles, move FSMO roles
to one of them, then update the old FSMO holder last?

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at