[Samba] AD home drive

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Fri Jun 14 06:40:06 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,

I've added the bit to the pam.d and rebooted the server but still no go

The following is from the log file for the machine (user is testhome2)

adding home's share [VM-WIN7-01$] for user 'LIN\VM-WIN7-01$' at '/home/%U/samba'

get_auth_event_server: Failed to find 'auth_event' registered on the message bus to send JSON authentication events to: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Adding homes service for user 'LIN\testhome2' using home directory: '/home/LIN/testhome2'

canonicalize_connect_path failed for service testhome2, path /home/testhome2/samba

pam.d/common-session

# here are the per-package modules (the "Primary" block)
session [default=1]                     pam_permit.so
# here's the fallback if no module succeeds
session requisite                       pam_deny.so
# prime the stack with a positive return value if there isn't one already;
# this avoids us returning an error just because nothing sets a success code
# since the modules above will each just jump around
session required                        pam_permit.so
session    required   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022
# The pam_umask module will set the umask according to the system default in
# /etc/login.defs and user settings, solving the problem of different
# umask settings with different shells, display managers, remote sessions etc.
# See "man pam_umask".
session optional                        pam_umask.so
# and here are more per-package modules (the "Additional" block)
session required        pam_unix.so
session optional                        pam_winbind.so
session optional        pam_systemd.so
# end of pam-auth-update config

Permissions of /home

drwxr-xr-x 225 root root 225 Jun 14 05:22 home

smb.conf: Home

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories

#        create mask = 0700