[Samba] please confirm: sssd not a good idea :)

Alexey A Nikitin nikitin at amazon.com
Mon Jun 10 16:31:22 UTC 2019

On Monday, 10 June 2019 08:07:31 PDT Vincent S. Cojot via samba wrote:

> There is probably some amount of redtape on this but AFAIK it works fine
> for me: My RHEL7.6 hypervisors are joined to my AD DC 4.10.4 VMs through
> use of realm '(and thus sssd):

Slight off-topic, but realmd doesn't necessarily imply use of SSSD, as it can be used to join domain using Winbind. When used with Winbind it simplifies things for a (somewhat limited) set of supported use-cases, but falls flat on its face if you try to, e.g., join a resource domain using service account (with appropriate delegations) from users domain - realmd in this case will insist on a service account from the resource domain.