[Samba] List of bundled libraries Samba-4.10

Johannes Engel jcnengel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:02:20 UTC 2019

Am Montag, 10. Juni 2019, 07:56:24 CEST schrieben Sie:
> On Sun, 2019-06-09 at 23:34 +0200, Johannes Engel via samba wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > is there a comprehensive list of libraries available that can be
> > included and
> > excluded from build with waf using --bundled-libraries="comma
> > separated
> > list"?
> > If compiling with "NONE" the build complains about a missing "System
> > library roken of version 0.0.0 not found, and bundling disabled", and
> > I do
> > not know how to bundle this particular library from the included
> > heimdal
> > tree (neither of the following has helped: roken, libroken, roken0,
> > libroken0)...
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Best regardsJohannes
>
> G'Day,
>
> Is there some specific task you are trying to achieve by this?
>
> If I understand your end goal a bit better I can probably help more.
>
> Most builds trying to do no bundled libraries for distributions are MIT
> builds without the AD DC.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
Hi Andrew,

thanks a lot for your reply. I am trying to update my packages for openSUSE starting with
the official build. This is indeed based on MIT Kerberos which I intend to change due to
the various shortcomings of this implementation (e.g. Group Policies do not apply
properly to machines).
Since they disabled all bundled libraries my intention was to go step by step taking the
bundled libraries where no system-inherent equivalent was available. And since replacing
"NONE" by "ALL" seemed a little too long a shot, that is the reason I am asking.

Best regards
Johannes