[Samba] problem with roaming profiles after windows 10 may 2019 upgrade

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 10 13:43:29 UTC 2019

On 10/06/2019 14:19, José Renato Castro Milanez via samba wrote:
> Hello friends, how are you?
>
> After Windows 10 may 2019 upgrade, roaming profiles stop working. I'm still
> able to join the machine to the domain, but after logging, Windows was
> unable to download the profile from the server.
>
> I already check the SMB 1.0 protocol at Windows 10 and it´s working fine
> too.
>
> Without the may 2019 upgrade, everything is working fine.
>
> My samba version is Samba version 3.6.23-51.el6 - Centos 6 x64.
>
> My samba configuration is below. Share configurations are omitted.
>
> [global]
> workgroup = X
>     netbios name = Y
>     server string = smb-server-%v
>     time server = yes
>     max log size = 0
>     log level = 3
>     log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>     syslog = 3
>     syslog only = yes
>     map to guest = bad user
>     security = user
>     encrypt passwords = yes
>     socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65535 SO_SNDBUF=65535
>     os level = 99
>     domain logons = yes
>     logon script = netlogon.bat
>     logon path = \\%L\%U\.perfil
>     name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
>     wins support = yes
>     wins proxy = no
>     dns proxy = yes
>     dos charset = 850
>     unix charset = utf8
>     hide files = /desktop.ini/Desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.DAT/
>     printcap name = cups
>     load printers = yes
>     printing = cups
>     printcap cache time = 60

How shall I put this ?

I think I will be blunt, Microsoft wants you to stop using NT4-style
domains because they do not want to have to consider them when updating
their software.

Samba 3.6.x is dead, it will never get any updates from Samba, Centos 6
is virtually EOL, it is only getting maintenance updates.

Can I suggest you upgrade everything, including upgrading to AD.

Rowland